* 4 large apples, cored, each cut into 16 wedges
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 3 cups light vanilla bean ice cream
* 6 tablespoons caramel topping (from a jar)
* Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
1. Add apples, brown sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium sized microwave-safe dish (with lid). Toss the ingredients to coat the apples well. Add lid and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, or until apples are nice and tender.
2. Add a scoop of ice cream to 6 ice-cream serving bowls. Spoon a serving of the apple mixture around or over each scoop of ice cream and drizzle a tablespoon of caramel topping over the top of each serving. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of toasted sliced almonds in the middle of each for garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 240 calories, 3 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 0.8 g monounsaturated fat, 0.3 g polyunsaturated fat, 9 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 12%.